Ohio boy, 5, helped save parents who were overdosing

A 3-month-old baby was found in a auto seat nearby.

The boy walked two blocks, barefoot, to his step-grandfather’s house in Middletown, Ohio, around 5 a.m. Thursday, knocked on the door and told him that his parents were dead, WLWT reported. Last year, a photo released by police in East Liverpool, Ohio, showed two adults passed out from a heroin overdose in the front seats of a vehicle with a 4-year-old child strapped in his auto seat in the back.

Two officers showed up and went to the boy’s house where they discovered his parents – Lee Johnson and Chelsie Marshall – overdosed on heroin.

Both parents were revived by paramedics. Johnson, who woke up after one dose, confessed that he had used heroin, a police report obtained by The Cincinnati Enquirer detailed. He was handcuffed and placed in a police cruiser.

It took seven doses of Narcan to revive Marshall. She was sentenced to 180 days in jail.

Middletown Police Chief Rodney Muterspaw said the situation could have ended far worse. “Anybody should be appalled”.

Middletown Police detailed the “very disturbing call” in a Facebook post on Thursday.

The police department gave Aidan “a badge for being so courageous”.

Aidan’s grandfather, Kenny Currey, always told the child to come find if he was ever in trouble – which is exactly what he did after finding his parents passed out. “You are not first”.

Marshall pleaded guilty to two counts of misdemeanor child endangering Friday, according to the Journal-News.

Marshall was still being held in the Middletown City Jail after her arrest, but Johnson had been released after paying $750, or 10 percent of his preliminary bond of $7,500.