United States military wounded in Afghanistan attack

The U.S. military says that seven America soldiers were wounded in an insider attack by an Afghan soldier.

The attack comes exactly one week after three USA soldiers were killed and a fourth wounded in Peka Valley, Nangarhar province, in eastern Afghanistan in an insider attack.

One or possibly two attackers were still alive and fighting with police, he said.

Camp Shaheen was the site of a major attack by Taliban militants in April, killing more than 130 Afghan Army personnel.

An Afghan soldier opened fire inside the facility, a spokesman for the Afghan army’s 209th Corps said.

Three U.S. soldiers were killed in another “green-on-blue” attack a week ago during a U.S. A spokeswoman for the German forces said that “according to what we know right now, no Germans were affected”.

A spokesman for the defense ministry said Sunday that the USA government needs to put “real pressure on Pakistan to make it drop its support for terrorists”.

Tabassoom said two suicide attackers died in the suicide auto bombings and three others were killed in the following firefight with the police.

Doctors at the city hospital said they had received the bodies of at least five police, as well as at least 30 wounded people, including 21 civilians. “Mattis has repeatedly stressed that increasing the number of US troops in Afghanistan would take place within a broader, long-term strategy for stabilizing Afghanistan”, the Post reported. The group often reports an exaggerated number of casualties in attacks against government targets and security forces.

Over the last two-and-a-half years, the Afghan government has been losing ground to the Taliban and now controls only 57 per cent of the country, according to the US Congress’ Special Inspector General for Reconstruction (SIGAR) in Afghanistan. The gunman – an Afghan – had been shot and killed, the spokesman said.

This is the second incident of this nature in a week and it comes as the Pentagon prepares to announce the sending of a few thousand additional men to counter the progression of Islamist insurgents.

Insider attacks have been occurring with deadly regularity since 2011.